Texting while walking or driving are well known dangers of using a phone.  You can now add bathing to the ways a phone can kill you.

A 14-year-old girl from Lubbock was visiting her father in Lovington, New Mexico when she was killed after being electrocuted in the bathtub of the home.  She was found with burn marks on her hand, the on she would have used to grab the phone.  The phone was plugged into the wall and charging at the time she tried to use it.

The family hopes this is a tragedy everyone can learn from.  Refrain from using your phone in the bathroom.  And be mindful of charging your phone around sources of water.

Apple Launches iPhone 5s And 5c In China
Getty Images

More From 98.7 The Bomb